Sexual Assault Referral Centre
We offer free, confidential healthcare and compassionate support to anyone in York and North Yorkshire that has experienced sexual assault or rape in their lifetime.
Our telephone 0330 223 0362 is open 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
Call to speak with a nurse for support and to discuss your options for making an in-person appointment and/or referrals.
How we can help
Our services include:
- Immediate over-the-phone support and referrals to specialist services
- In-person crisis support and healthcare including access to medicine
- Forensic medical examinations
- Collection and storage of forensic samples
- Holistic examinations and care for non-recent cases
- Comprehensive Risk Assessments
- Access to specialist counselling and Independent Sexual Violence Advisors (ISVA) support
- Service referrals and follow-up calls after an appointment
You will be offered these services based on your individual needs and you can choose to use as much or as little of our service as you wish.
Visitors need an appointment before attending the SARC in person. Please call us to make an appointment.
Referrals to the centre
Please call us if you have any questions about how we can help you or someone you know visit the centre.
You can self-refer to the SARC without police involvement if you are aged 16 years or older by calling us on 0330 223 0362.
If you are from the police, social services or are a professional looking to make a referral, please visit our Professionals page.
Get in contact
Call our 24/7/365 telephone to make an appointment:
0330 223 0362
All referrals from Police and professionals should be made by telephone:
0330 223 0362
Visit our Resources page to find our leaflet and information on other helpful resources.